
Well, for those of you who haven't been reading the signature line, there are two people registered to this blog account, and I am number two. If you haven't deduced my identity from the first line of this entry, I'm Dan, of the Dan and Brock signature. Initially when the idea of a blog was presented, I was apprehensive. As someone who is more than familiar with the internet, I knew all to well that bloggers are not only not taken seriously, but they are the brunt of many an easy, and often truthfully painful joke (pictured). I'll admit that I've mocked bloggers, and not without justification. I believe that Maddox best described "blogger" as a "[t]erm used to describe anyone with enough time or narcissism to document every tedious bit of minutia filling their uneventful lives. Possibly the most annoying thing about bloggers is the sense of self-importance they get after even the most modest of publicity." After a lot of soul searching I have decided that, despite my better judgment, I will begin adding to this blog my own blow-by-blow commentary of our trip to Thailand. This is not to say that I think that Brock has been doing anything but a stellar job, but now that I represent 50% of the UNC contingent remaining in the KMUTT dormitories, I feel it is my job to also try to contribute to this effort, since I maintain sheltered from true Thai society.
So it is with bruised pride and a heavy heart that I concede defeat to the allures of blogging. For reference, Livejournal is a blog, only under a different name. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, Livejournals and Blogs are one in the same.
1 comment:
OMGGGGGGGG BLOG!
yay dan.
i wanted you to feel even specialer so i left this AWESOME comment. now you get a notification and EVERYTHING.
well, you are cool now. one of THOSE people on the internet blogging, its ok i have a travel blog too.
i love you tons and tons and tons.
i miss youuuuuuuu
love you from anyplace in the world
Post a Comment