
So there we were the other day, chatting in the atrium-like area of the India Habitat Center and a huge (2 inch diameter) load of bird crap lands between Jimmy and me. Well, it didn't exactly land between us. It actually grazed his pants and then landed. When we came back up to the office, our colleagues both told us that getting crapped on by a bird is good luck. Good luck? Sounds like Indian logic to me.
After a bit of "research", alright Googling the phrase "bird poop good luck" and looking at the first two pages,

I've come to the conclusion that it isn't an exclusively Indian superstition. It's global. And in the US? I'm not sure, but there's a good chance that I've just completely missed hearing anything about this in my first 22 years of life in the greatest country on earth. The various pictures in this post are birds of India. The raptor sits outside our window on the 6th floor and shrieks for hours on end. There aren't any pigeons by our windows though when its around so I won't complain too much. Here's a link to
another blog that has done extensive internet research on the subject.
2 comments:
If you are unable to digest the culture of other people then stay out of that country . Learn to live with it or respect it and say nothing derogatory about it.
Thanks for your comment "Anonymous". Tell me, have you ever been hit with bird poop sitting on that high horse of yours?
Post a Comment