It was a smooth transition from the Bangkok airport to the university thanks to our pees (TA's) Pai and Nung, both of whom are grad students conducting research at KMUTT. The accommodation are sparse, but spacious and clean. We even get our own bathroom with a cold water only shower and toilet sans toilet paper. The preferred wiping mechanism:

It's crazy traveling around with 9 other farangs (foreigners) and trying to find a Thai street restaurant to fit us all is an adventure. So far I've stuck with kao pat (fried rice) with moo (pork) or gai (chicken) and then some fried spring rolls here and there. It's difficult getting much else since we barely know the options and can only point. Hopefully the pees help us out with this a little more.
This morning we played ultimate frisbee on the campus's soccer field, which was a little more difficult than expected. Playing with 8 people in 85 degree weather with 70% humidity was an experience. Next, soccer, basketball, ping pong, or badminton. Yes, I'll be careful with the latter two and make sure I don't get hustled by some KMUTT students.
1 comment:
Post a Comment