Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thank you sir, may I have another?


I guess it's that time of year again. You know, that time during the monsoon season when hordes of Thai undergrads gather in lobbies, courtyards, and cafeterias and chant ominous passages from little red books.

No, it's not a Communist gathering nor an vicious game of Red Rover. There also isn't any special Kool-Aid involved. Of course I didn't figure this out until a few days after it started.

After not being able to concentrate on my homework last night due to throngs of chanting Thais in front of the dorm and then being kicked off the field as we were playing Ultimate Frisbee, I was finally forced to ask what was going on. Apparently I haven't picked up Thai quick enough to understand what they're chanting.

Apparently the fraternities over here are pretty intense, although not in the broom stick and paddle sort of way. Practically every Thai is either part of a fraternity or group associate with their major, such as mechanical engineering. It seems like a great way to get to know people and also gives them an immediate sense of community, all without a keg, croakies, and Solo cups. Who would've dreamed it?

I've still got my fingers crossed that I'll get to witness a Thai keg stand at some point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh so it has come to this...you two have officially begun to "bro-out" in Thailand. I knew it would happen eventually, but I just wasn't sure who would do the sodomizing, the Thais or you. Either way, be careful because lube can be hard to come by over there. Although, with the amount of swamp ass you two's lush forest provides, it shouldn't be an issue.
The beach trip sounded awesome, including the urine-swim trip and pedophilial "playing". Enjoy the time boys.

BNDW.

Decipher.